Here you are, feeling frazzled, frustrated, and overwhelmed.
First, remember that we can’t hate ourselves back into peace, it’s—as cheesy it sounds—love that leads the way.
So, when you find yourself discombobulated, afraid, and miles away from your highest Self, pause. Breathe deeply. Get still. Be kind to yourself.
We all get to this desperate place from time to time—perhaps more often right now, thanks to the pandemic.
Grab a cup of tea, head to your favourite spot, sit down, and take a deep breath.
Dance your way back to alignment by repeating these 10 powerful affirmations:
1. I am exactly where I’m supposed to be.
2. When I forget who I am, I come back to myself easily and gently.
3. I am safe, supported, guided, and loved.
4. I show myself compassion and patience.
5. I trust the process.
6. My life is an adventure, and I’m always learning.
7. My body tells me what I need in order to thrive.
8. I am grounded in this moment.
9. My thoughts, feelings, words, and actions are in harmony with one another.
10. I’m doing my best, and that is enough.
Go easily, dear one.
Eryl McCaffrey is an Anxiety Coach, Certified Yoga and Meditation Teacher and Mental Health Speaker. Her Yoga and Meditation Classes are mindfulness-based and help her clients release stress, build resilience and physical strength. Eryl also works 1:1 with clients who struggle with anxiety, to help them cultivate their own unique mindfulness toolkit for healing. When she's not teaching or working with her clients, Eryl's writing about her own experiences with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and other mental health-related topics. You can find more about her at www.erylmccaffrey.com and follow her on Instagram at @erylmccaffrey.